Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hello Kitty Birthday Party

I always enjoy planning and designing my children's birthday parties. It gives me a chance to use my design and creativity. I chose Hello Kitty as the theme for my daughter Avery's third birthday because I know my days are numbered where I can choose the theme. I think Hello Kitty is just so cute and had a lot of possibilities. I searched the web for ideas and found a ton of options--can't take credit for those cute bags. I chose a few simple options and kept it easy this year. I have included some photos below of the gift bags and cake.

The cake pan and paper goods were purchased at Party City. But the cake pan is available online as well. We had our local bakery make it as a double layer since the pan was so shallow and small. It fed about 25 people. My Aunt used her Cricut machine to make the number sign for me. I used a bamboo kabob skewer taped to the number sign as the stick. I am partial to using these flag style decorations on cakes. I think it adds dimension and you can really personalize your cake.



The plain white gift bags were purchased at Hobby Lobby (in packages of 12) and I used an oval template and colored construction paper for the Hello Kitty face. You could probably use an oval die cut and make it even easier on yourself. I used a circle die cut for the center of the bow and a dimensional adhesive dot to secure it to the bag. I added, "Thank you for Coming, Love Avery" to personalize them.




2 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I need to get on the ball and do coops bday party post! Baseball theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your post on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and I love the fun treat bags you made. My daughter is so excited to have a Hello Kitty party, and these treat bags will be perfect. I put a link from my blog to yours, thanks for sharing your super cute ideas!

    www.sjscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete